Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fada--Brooklyn

718.388.6607

So I don’t really know what to write about Fada. It’s quite simply a run-of-the mill French Bistro. I can’t really say I’ve ever had the time of my life there, nor have I ever left disgusted at the food or the service. And I should add that I have a thing for French chicks, which every French Bistro in the city seems to attract. I like French chicks, they have a sort of sexy appeal in skanky, unabashed way. But that has nothing to do with restaurants, let alone Fada.

The tuna tar tar is quite nice, though on occasion I’ve been served an older batch and it came out a little gamey. Their muscles are good, steak frites, also good, brunch consistent and pleasing. The space has a nice easy feel, and if you catch one of the bar stools you can watch the new home owners hoof it down Driggs towards their emerald city north of the park. Yup, Fada isn’t a place that is going to blow the doors off your friend visiting from any other cultured city, but at the same time, you're not going to be embarrassed taking them there.

1 comment:

  1. I have only had one good experience out of dozens and it was due to the company, not the food. Only thing I can trust is that the waitstaff is outside on the street smoking.

    ReplyDelete