Monday, March 13, 2023

House of Mac--Miami

786.636.6967

Bailed on a family adventure to take a lazy few days in Miami with the whole fam.  Let me tell you, a great move.  Miami is like if Venice and Summer in Williamsburg had a gay baby.  Loved it.

I know, I know, but House of Mac is in this neighborhood Wynwood, which is a bunch of low cement buildings with graffiti and design stores everywhere.  It really brought me back.  It also had a Mac and cheese joint that would put Dumont to shame (RIP Collin).  

Seriously, the Mac and Cheese offered something for everyone, was super tasty--delivered in cast iron pans-- and was pretty inexpensive.  Oddly, the whole shebang was app based, so we sort of ordered a la Shakeshack by a QR code, and then they ran the food out.  As we were there for lunch on a Thursday in the dead of February, the dude behind the counter was great answering questions so it could have been a disaster if I was six beers in.  But since I was with the wee ones and the ol' wifey wife--no big deal.

Definitely try the traditional, and the jerk.  


Word

No comments:

Post a Comment