Monday, September 30, 2019

Cosme--Manhattan

(212) 913-9659

Have been here a few times as we knew a manager.  Obviously, this place's claim to fame is that Obama ate there once, which is unfortunate because it's claim to fame should be "We serve ants."  Crunchy, spindly little ants.

I'm getting ahead of myself, went here to celebrate the 49th birthday of an old friend.  Not old in a pejorative sense, as some of my younger fans might consider 49 to be old, but rather I've known him a long time.

Any who, we sat at the bar, drank, and ordered a million thing as my second wife is apt to do.  So here's an Iconman list that tells you very little:

Guacamole.  Spot on as it should be at this place
Fluke.  No comment, which means it wasn't great or horrible.
Chair.  Spicy as shit
Tamale.  Weird but okay.
Tortilla herb do hickeys and fish and spicy mayo. Crunchy scales, not bad but not filling
Porkchop with ants.  I'm dubious.
Dessert--Angel Shit.  That's from the 2nd wife.  She really liked this dessert.  I'm not sure what exactly what it was.

So they're doing some interesting stuff here, but it's definitely not a walk-out-uncomfortable-from eating-too-much dining experience.  Oh, and Obama was a no show.


No comments:

Post a Comment