Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cayler--Brooklyn

347- 889-6323

Named after its street, this place is pretty much about as Brooklyn as you can get.  The interior looks as though a bunch of lesbians decided to replicate their summer camp's lodge, with a kitchy green ceiling and long bar to one side.  Not to say I have anything against lesbians, in particular these lesbians were all quite friendly and affable but that doesn't take away from the fact that the place is run by dykes with tattoos. 

Interestingly enough the menu was pretty ambitious, they called it Tapas, I call it gimmick.  Telling us when we ordered that the dishes will come when they're ready, only to have quite large portions delivered to us as a first and main course.  Despite the attempt to be something they're not, ehem, the food was all quite delicious, in particular the broccoli which looks to be a mainstay.

My only gripe, and it's negligable, was the poorly picked music.  I appreciate death metal and heavy metal as much as the next guy or girl/guy.  But it is inappropriate for the quasi gourment we were served in such a quaint atmosphere.  Alas, I begrudgingly admit I was at least five years older than anyone else in the place, so perhaps I was being a curmudgeon; wouldn't be the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment