Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Vacation's Over

Even the most cynical of people need a little time off. Truth be told, I haven't gone anywhere in the last month to warrant a legit review anyhow. Except for these places...

Fatty-Cue:
718.599.3090
Ate here in their outside "garden." It was more like the alley next to it but it didn't matter. Their portions were out of control. I vaguely remember this place being a different restaurant, I want to say East River Bar, but I'm not quite sure. We had brunch. It was brunchy. I also remember that my wife gave the nod for me to have a beer as a hair of the dog. Not that I need the nod, but when you get the nod you feel a lot better knowing that you didn't make too much of a fool of yourself the night before.

Penny Farthing:
212.387.7300
Another Brunch addition. I might add that this was the 4th of July. The delivered the bacon we ordered as a side as a first course. The runner must have fucked up, because the waitress came over like ten minutes later apologizing. I was totally cool with it because a) she was hot, but young enough to have to work the brunch shift on the 4th b) was with my two brothers who are both not from the city and have the table manners of cromagnum men and c)got another nod from the ol' wifey wife.

The Smith:
212.420.9800
I had to do a little research to make sure this place wasn't owned by Keith McNally as it as a seems like a rip off of other well established American-Bistro-Bridge-and-Tunnel-Scenester-Grub, but hey, at least they deliver. Food was fine, the service was prompt, and I was able to get my cromagnum family in and out without too much incident...

No comments:

Post a Comment