Saturday, May 14, 2011

1 or 8--Brooklyn

718-384-2152

I feel like the next time I go to this place I should wear all white. I could blend in like a sushi ninja, swooping in to grab your roll when no one is looking. I'd eat for free and fulfill the childhood ambition of being an actual, honest to God, ninja. I love ninjas.

It's sushi place people. How am I supposed to comment on sushi? It was served cold. It tasted like a combination of fish, soy sauce, and wasabi. It had little Japanese women running around, with littler Japanese men behind some counter making the sushi. It tasted fine. Perhaps this establishment is more authentic than others, though I wouldn't know having never been to Japan. I did learn that Nigiri is another word for what I would call sushi, that is a piece of fish on a nugget of rice. So there's that.

I was more impressed with the whiteness of the whole affair. I mean, white booths, white walls, pale white hipsters. It was white, white, white!

No comments:

Post a Comment