Saturday, October 9, 2010

Collette--Brooklyn

No phone I could find....

See the ghost's of restaurant's past. A bad way to start but it popped into my head and I'm too lazy to start over. This spot has closed two respectable restaurants, Oznot's and Silent H. Kitty corner to Hotel Delmano the owner Zeb Stewart (also of Union Pool) decided to capitalize. First order of business: move the door! And that's all it took. Now the entrance is on 11th street as opposed to Berry and it makes all of the difference.

We sat at the bar, and I wasn't with my other wife this time, but my wife, and we had a quick dinner. I remember I wasn't drinking so had a glass of Pellegrino. We had a green salad and ceviche and the Mrs had a steak sandwich. It was nice. So nice.

There's not much more to report. I'm sure it will develop some offshoot scene that circulates between the two bars. And I'm sure that Zeb will continue making a pile of money. And good for him, he's certainly got the older hipster trend thing dialed.

No comments:

Post a Comment