Friday, August 27, 2010

Prime Meats--Brooklyn

718.254.0327

Our friends live in Carroll Gardens and just squeezed out a beautiful brown baby boy. We decided to celebrate by eating at Prime Meats, Frankie's second installment on Clinton street. Having never been, and most likely not going again for a while, I must say that this place was pretty good. Granted, it is just like every other restaurant that has opened in the last two years in Brooklyn (American cuisine, turn-of-the century schtick, mustahces, cold draft ice cubes, etc....) but is done well and the food was delicious. They're not reinventing the wheel, but it's a pretty nice replication. I must say don't come here if you're in a hurry, as the two course dinner took the better part of forever. I mean, the kid was walking before it was through.

We went there a while ago, and have some other notes I jotted down but for the life of me can't make any sense of them:
Jody Foster
Glory Holes
Spatzle.

Hmmmm....I think our waitress looked like Jody Foster. And the table we sat at must have been salvaged wood and it had a hole right in the middle that I kept poking my finger through and then leering at my wife. I assume spatzle is on the menu. So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment